Remove a Host from vSphere Distributed Switch
In order to completely remove a host from vCenter you must remove all vCenter dependencies, such as being a member of a vDistributed Switch (VSD). This is done in the Networking section of the vSphere client, or web client.
vSphere Client (fat client):
Home – Inventory – Networking
- Select the VDS in the inventory list on the left, select the Hosts tab on the right.
- Right click the host, select Remove from vSphere Distributed Switch.
vSphere Web Client
Home – Inventories – Networking
- Select the VDS in the inventory list on the left.
- Right click VDS and select Add and Manage Hosts.
- Select Remove Hosts option – click Next.
- Click the +Attached Hosts and select desired host(s) to remove – click Next.
- Review changes and click Finish to complete.